Thursday 7 October 2010

A New Perspective

Lately I felt that my work needed to be rejuvenated. I wasn't enjoying the creative process. I found a box tucked under my bed with some bright water soluble pastels. I hadn't dared to use them. I kept thinking fluorescent is something to be avoided. However I started to work with them and the energy that they gave the work was unexpected. I used them with ink and pen to counteract the vividness.

I was also watching 'Wonder's of the Solar System' and decided to combine an astrological setting with my fantasy birds. Sometimes the strangest and unlikeliest of combinations can create something wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. This promises to be a wonderful blog Cherith. I very much like the exuberance and the constraint in this piece.

    " Handmade and Printed Cards

    ReplyDelete